Here are some of the advantages of water births:
▪ Pain relief is the main advantage and some women have even compared water birth to the relaxing effects of narcotics. Water blocks the pain impulses of the nerves in the body. It produces pain-relieving endorphins.
▪ Water aids in relaxation and relaxation plays a vital role for the progress of labour.
▪ Water reduces the gravitational pull of the baby towards the back of the mother. Thereby, reducing the back pain during labour.
▪ It is even observed that tearing of the vagina is also reduced. The water softens the perineal tissues by making them supple and stretchable to help in accommodating the baby’s head through. This means that you may not even need an episiotomy that is the cut given in the vagina for the easy passage of the baby.
▪ It also reduces the amount of anxiety and stress that women may have and gives them confidence in giving birth.
▪ Water birth can be easily combined with other forms of pain relief by including massage, gas, aromatherapy and acupressure.
▪ The pool is a quiet and peaceful place, which give you a feeling of safety and security while labour.
PeacefulBirth.ca was built on Jimdo.com
A quick and easy way to make a beautiful website.